Falcon Gives to TAMIU Student Scholarship Fund (November 14, 2005)
Falcon Gives to TAMIU Student Scholarship Fund (November 14, 2005)Mr. Hugo Gutierrez, Sr., and Adolfo E. Gutierrez give to TAMIU Student Scholarship Funds (November 14,2005)
Students at Texas A&M International University have a new champion for their higher education in Hugo A. Gutierrez Sr. and Adolfo E. Gutierrez, chairman of the Board and President, respectively, of Falcon International Bank.
Falcon International Bank has provoided a $5,000 gift in support of TAMIU's student scholarship fund in honor of Gutierrez Sr. At a recent TAMIU reception, the Gutierrez' met with the four students who will benefit from their gift.
The students are all TAMIU freshman and May 2005 graduates of United South High School. They are: Kayla Nicole Brewster, Yvette Castro, Jenny Ramirez and Gabriela Ruiz.
Candy Hein, TAMIU Vice President of the Insitutional Advancement, said the University salutes the Gutierrez' family's generosity and vision.
"This is a fine example of a local business sharing its good fortune with the generation to come and helping to better the future of our students and our community as they do so. We hope that others follow the example set by Falcon International Bank," Hein said.
Sabas Zapata III, executive vice president of marketing for Falcon International Bank, said the Bank and the Gutierrez family were happy to partner with the University.
"We are all believers in the power of higher education. We know that this is the way to help make a difference and to insure that we all have brighter futures. We look forward to hearing of these students' educational and career success and are glad to have a role in helping their dreams to come true," Zapata said.
Falcon International Bank has assets of over $424 million.
A family-owned privately held business, it has served the Laredo market for 18 years and was named the 172nd in the top Hispanic-owned firms in the United States "Hispanic Business 500" in the June 2005 issue of Hispanic Business Magazine.
That same magazine recently recognized the bank as 74th on its list of 100 fastest-growing Hispanic-owned businesses.
In 2004 the Gutierrez family was honored by the Laredo Chamber of Commerce as the Distinguished Persons of the Year.
- Falcon Wins Back-To-Back Five Star Service Award!
- A.J. Gutierrez Appointed As Advisory Director
- Nelly Hernandez has been named Falcon Bank's Banker of the Month for February!
- Alfredo “Freddy” Gutierrez has been named Falcon Bank's Banker of the Month for January!
- Falcon Bank to acquire Eagle Pass PlainsCapital Bank Branch
- New Telephone Phishing Scam
- Ana Garza is Falcon's 2014 Banker of the Year!
- LULAC Council 12 awards Adolfo E. Gutierrez with Tejano Achiever Award
- Jessica Arredondo has been named Falcon Bank's Banker of the Month for October!
- Falcon Bank Recognizes Adriana Vega as Banker of the Third-Quarter for the South Central Region!