Falcon International Bank Announces New President of International Banking (March 24, 2008)
Falcon International Bank Announces New President of International Banking (March 24, 2008)As printed in the Laredo Morning Times Business Journal - March 24, 2008
Falcon International Bank recently announced that Apolonio Borrego, Jr. has been appointed President of International Banking. Gilbert Narvaez, Jr., President and COO of Falcon Bank, said, "We're excited to promote Borrego to oversee and direct International Banking activities of all Falcon Bank Regions, as we move forward with our expansion plans and experience the continued growth of International related business in Laredo, San Antonio, and the Lower and Upper Rio Grande regions. His strong understanding of border culture and professional experience make it a natural transition to this new post, and we are confident that he will provide significant banking leadership to assist us in meeting the financial needs and expectations of our growing roster of international clients."
Borrego, an Eagle Pass native, possesses more than 29 years of respected banking experience, particularly in the border region. A longtime banking executive, Borrego joined Falcon in 2007 as Executive Vice President of Corporate Planning. He has extensive leadership experience in international banking, commercial lending, and retail banking, and takes pride in seeing his colleagues discover and achieve their professional goals; indeed, Borrego cites leading a diversified team to success as his most significant challenge.
"I look forward to leading and supporting the high performing team already in place at Falcon Bank," says Borrego. "My hope is to add value to their outstanding performance and help the bank achieve continued success."
Borrego's commitment to quality leadership extends beyond the bank's doors. Currently serving as President of the Brownsville Community Foundation, Borrego is also a member of the University of Texas Brownsville Development Board. Additionally, he has served on the boards of the Valley Baptist Hospital Foundation, the Brownsville Children's Museum, and the Brownsville Fine Arts Museum.
When he is not at Falcon, Borrego enjoys spending time with his wife, Olga, and their children Olivia, Elizabeth, Alejandra, Victoria, and Andres. He also enjoys hunting and playing golf.
Falcon congratulates Apolonio Borrego, Jr. on his achievements, and looks forward to what he will bring to the bank in his new role!
- Nelly Hernandez has been named Falcon Bank's Banker of the Month for February!
- Alfredo “Freddy” Gutierrez has been named Falcon Bank's Banker of the Month for January!
- Falcon Bank to acquire Eagle Pass PlainsCapital Bank Branch
- New Telephone Phishing Scam
- Ana Garza is Falcon's 2014 Banker of the Year!
- LULAC Council 12 awards Adolfo E. Gutierrez with Tejano Achiever Award
- Jessica Arredondo has been named Falcon Bank's Banker of the Month for October!
- Falcon Bank Recognizes Adriana Vega as Banker of the Third-Quarter for the South Central Region!
- Jose Cadena has been named Falcon Bank's Banker of the Month for September!
- FDIC Consumer News: Tips on Preparing Financially for a Stressful Life Event