Falcon Officer named Business Manager of the Year (January 27, 2007)
Falcon Officer named Business Manager of the Year (January 27, 2007)Alma N. Velasquez was awarded the Business Manager of the Year Award at the Eagle Pass Business Journal Awards.
Alma N. Velasquez, First Vice President, of the Eagle Pass branch was recently named the "Eagle Pass Business Journal's Business Manager of the Year." The 13th Annual Eagle Pass Business Journal Awards was held on Saturday, January 27, 2007 at the El Residencial Reception Hall.
The Business Manager of the Year award is presented to the Business Manager of a local business who has excelled in their professional endeavors and has made positive contributions to the community. Nominations are open to the public and submitted from October to December.
With over 33 years of banking experience, Velasquez manages all banking functions at the branch including: operations, retail banking, and lending. Other responsibilities include meeting risk management and compliance requirements as well as ensuring that all bank policies and procedures are complied with. Velasquez represents Falcon in the community through participation in civic activities and organizations.
An active member of the Eagle Pass Community, Velasquez is the Director and Secretary/Treasurer of the Eagle Pass Chamber of Commerce and member of the Eagle Pass Rotary Club. Velasquez was recently elected as Director for the Maverick County Development Corporation. She is the Chair Person on the Beautification Committee for the Eagle Pass Chamber of Commerce and past Chair Person of Relay for Life.
With the help of Velasquez's hard work and business savvy, Falcon was recognized as the "Big Business of the Year" at the 12th annual Eagle Pass Business Journal Awards in January 2006.
The Eagle Pass Business Journal Awards, founded 13 years ago, honors and recognizes local entrepreneurs, businesses, professionals, and citizen who have excelled professional and have made lasting contributions to their community. This regional awards ceremony honors professionals from Dimmit, Maverick and Zavala counties.
Falcon International Bank has grown to more than $665 million in assets and thirteen branches in South Texas, including branches in Laredo, San Antonio, Buda, Eagle Pass, Del Rio, McAllen and Brownsville. In addition, the bank has representative offices in Monterrey and Guadalajara, Mexico.
For more information on the bank, you may call (956) 723-2265 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (956) 723-2265 end_of_the_skype_highlighting or visit their website at www.falconbank.com.
- Nelly Hernandez has been named Falcon Bank's Banker of the Month for February!
- Alfredo “Freddy” Gutierrez has been named Falcon Bank's Banker of the Month for January!
- Falcon Bank to acquire Eagle Pass PlainsCapital Bank Branch
- New Telephone Phishing Scam
- Ana Garza is Falcon's 2014 Banker of the Year!
- LULAC Council 12 awards Adolfo E. Gutierrez with Tejano Achiever Award
- Jessica Arredondo has been named Falcon Bank's Banker of the Month for October!
- Falcon Bank Recognizes Adriana Vega as Banker of the Third-Quarter for the South Central Region!
- Jose Cadena has been named Falcon Bank's Banker of the Month for September!
- FDIC Consumer News: Tips on Preparing Financially for a Stressful Life Event