FDIC Announces Improvements to Deposit Insurance Education Materials
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) today announced significant new improvements to the deposit insurance education materials available on the FDIC's website, www.fdic.gov. The enhancements are designed to improve the accessibility and presentation of deposit insurance information for the general public through organizational changes as well as through the expanded use of explanatory videos and interactive infographics. The changes are designed to allow the public to quickly access basic information while still offering the in-depth and comprehensive deposit insurance information that has traditionally been available. The FDIC will also continue to offer the Electronic Deposit Insurance Estimator (EDIE), where the public can enter their bank information to determine whether their deposits are fully insured.
FDIC Chairman Martin J. Gruenberg said, "Deposit insurance is a foundation of public confidence in the banking system. In over 80 years of operation, the FDIC has never failed to live up to our promise of protecting every penny of insured deposits. Continuing to improve public understanding about how deposit insurance works is fundamental to carrying out this important mission."
The FDIC's new deposit insurance webpage can be found at www.fdic.gov/deposit/.
- Nelly Hernandez has been named Falcon Bank's Banker of the Month for February!
- Alfredo “Freddy” Gutierrez has been named Falcon Bank's Banker of the Month for January!
- Falcon Bank to acquire Eagle Pass PlainsCapital Bank Branch
- New Telephone Phishing Scam
- Ana Garza is Falcon's 2014 Banker of the Year!
- LULAC Council 12 awards Adolfo E. Gutierrez with Tejano Achiever Award
- Jessica Arredondo has been named Falcon Bank's Banker of the Month for October!
- Falcon Bank Recognizes Adriana Vega as Banker of the Third-Quarter for the South Central Region!
- Jose Cadena has been named Falcon Bank's Banker of the Month for September!
- FDIC Consumer News: Tips on Preparing Financially for a Stressful Life Event