Fraudulent E-Mails Claiming to Be From the FDIC
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) has received numerous reports of fraudulent e-mails that have the appearance of being from the FDIC.
They have subject lines that read: "FDIC: Your business account" or "FDIC: About Your Business Account."
The e-mails are addressed to "Business Customer" or "Business Owner" and state "We have important information about your bank" or "…financial institution." They then ask recipients to "Please click here to find details."
They conclude with, "This includes information on the acquiring bank (if applicable), how your accounts and loans are affected, and how vendors can file claims against the receivership."
These e-mails and the link included are fraudulent and were not sent by the FDIC. Recipients should consider the intent of these e-mails as an attempt to collect personal or confidential information, or to load malicious software onto end users' computers. Recipients should NOT access the link provided within the body of the e-mails and should NOT, under any circumstances, provide any personal financial information through this media.
Financial institutions and consumers should be aware that other subject lines and modifications to the e-mails may occur over time. The FDIC does not directly contact consumers in this manner nor does the FDIC request personal financial information from consumers.
For your reference, FDIC Special Alerts may be accessed from the FDIC's Website at www.fdic.gov/news/news/SpecialAlert/2011/index.html. To learn how to automatically receive FDIC Special Alerts through email, please visit www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/index.html.
Questions related to federal deposit insurance or consumer issues should be submitted to the FDIC using an online form that can be accessed at http://www2.fdic.gov/starsmail/index.asp.
- Ana Garza has been named Falcon Bank's Banker of the Month for March!
- Sigifredo Garza has been named Falcon Bank's Banker of the Month for February!
- Another Round of Key Employee Recognitions at Falcon Bank
- Blanca Quinones has been named Falcon Bank's Banker of the Month for January!
- Falcon Recognized with Five Star Service Award!
- Careers Continue to Grow at Falcon International Bank
- Notice of Change
- Falcon Pink Day
- Falcon employees, Alicia Cantu & Veronica Del Bosque, receive honors at Laredo staff meeting.
- Falcon honors Romy Gaytan & Anabell Cantu as Bankers of the Month at employee staff meeting.